Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Ok.. here it is January 2nd and I promised myself that I would really start blogging in ernest this year. Just finished a week with 2 of my grandchildren, fun ,but I didn't expect to be snowed in for 2 days. They just couldn't wait to get outside and build a snowman but it was snowing too hard and way too windy to be outside so we did inside stuff. They took several large boxes and built their own little hut. it was really cute to see them in there with flashlights and books. Oh, I forgot to mention that they are 10 and 7 and the 7 year old has special needs. They really really get along fine until the minute that they don't. We did lots of crafts. They are always interested in what I am working on. I have really decided to try and refocus my business by creating more accessories for children. Selling beaded jewelry has become really hard. So now I am working on lots of hair accessoried, ribbon hairbands and barrettes. So while the kids were here I thought of doing something really over the top, hair clips in butterflies and dragonflies that are really encrusted with lots of of glitter, beads and sequins. So of course the glitter was a great attraction for the kids and I will be gather up glitter for a while. Usually I work in my studio where it is more confined but with the kids here I was working in the dining room... not the bet idea...too be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more blog posts from you, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete